As I was preparing my wash day, I realised how much more healthier my hair is, compared to 2 months ago. And as much as I would like to say that before I was not taking care of my hair that would be a lie. I was taking care of my hair, but I did not have a regimen, I had a routine, it was the same every wash day. And that is not an effective regimen.
Why not you ask?
Well, your hair needs hydration, nutrition, protein, and you need to do these mask at least once every 4-6 weeks depending of what your hair needs and if you hair is damaged. I was not doing that, I was using the same deep hydration mask – every week. The mask worked for me, and as my hair was dry, I instantly assumed thats all my hair needs. You need to have a balance of hydration, nutrition and protein in your regimen. For me it means that when I am scheduling my week I am also adding which deep treatment I am doing that week so I am not overloading my hair with just one type of treatment
You might think that a “Hair Regimen” is overhyped by hairdressers and naturalistas. You might think that it is too much work and time consuming. I used to think that, and chances are you already spend time doing your hair, why not invest it into achieving your hair goals. I guarantee you the time you will spend wont be as much as you making it in your head. Not having an effective hair regimen, only hurts you.
Why is a hair regimen necessary?
Yes, it’s imperative to have a hair regimen. Here are 5 reasons why its a must.
- Your hair will thrive – your hair will be shinier, moisturised and stronger.
- You will be your own hair goals – you’ll have healthier longer hair
- Its more cost effective – when your hair is damaged, you are always trying new products and overspending on products you don’t need.
- Confidence Boost – you’ll find yourself checking your hair out at anything that reflects. You will want to rock your natural hair and ditch the wigs and hair extensions.
- Timesaving – creating a schedule will lead to being more organised. Before it would take me 2 hours to wash my hair, but now it only takes me 30 minutes to wash my hair + my wash days would be 2 days long as opposed to 1 day now. Leaving time to do things I enjoy.
- Self-Care Queen – when you start seeing results, it will motivate you to have effective regimen when it comes to your skin, your body or even a diet.
Do you have a hair regimen? If so what is a must for your regimen?
Thanks for reading & continue to rock your natural hair.