I don’t know about you, but I need to plan my wash day from beginning to end at least a day before my wash day otherwise I feel conflicted and end up doing everything last minute and end up forgetting something. Due to the Self-Care July challenge (if you do not know what i am talking about and want to take part click here) I have been thinking what could I add to my Pre-poo that would better? Oil ! A great prepoo seems to always involve oil, it seems to be every naturalista’s answer when they face the question of their favourite prepoo.
As i mentioned on my last post, Aloe Vera + Fenugreek Seeds is my favourite prepoo & it never fails me for a moisture, strength, shine pick up.
The video is for demonstration purpose only. It’s how I do my usual Prepoo.
Head to my instagram @thelenalogy
Hot Oil Treatment is amazing, and every hair needs it here and there. Curly and Coily hair is naturally dry AF & we need anything that will give our tresses long last moisture, isn’t it? Plus everyone has at least one type of oil at home which makes this super practical.
- Strengths Hair
- Adds Shine & luster
- Reduces Breakage/ Damage
- Less Split Ends
- Promotes Growth
- Reduces Dryness
What you need
- Aloe Vera Leaf
- Fenugreek Seeds
- Spray Bottle
- Oil of choice – I used a mix of JBCO & Olive Oil
- Aloe Vera Juice (optional)
You can use one oil or a mixture of your favourite oils.
- Mix the fenugreek seeds, aloe vera juice & water in a spray bottle
- Leave the mixture to infuse for minimum 2 hours. I recommend leaving it for 6 hours.
- The fenugreek seeds will have sprouted.
- Warm up your oil/oils with warm water underneath.
- Cut the small spines out and cut the Aloe Vera in half and into smaller pieces (as shown in the picture above)
- Section your hair between 4-8 parts. I recommend 6 parts+ as it ensures every strand is coated.
- Apply the spray from roots to ends & detangle
- Apply the Aloe Vera from roots to ends concentrating in the roots and ends ( these need extra love)
- Apply the Oil from roots to ends concentrating on your ends
- Twist the section & proceed to the next
- Apply the Aloe Vera all over the scalp once you finished twisting all sections
- Apply plastic cap & allow the mixture to sit on your hair for minimum 30 minutes.
I left the prepoo for about 2 hours and I took it out, my hair feels and looks amazing. This will definitely be a prepoo for when I am feeling a little fancy because it does take longer to make and its an extra step but its worth it. Hair is feeling very hydrated & moisturised ain’t even it sis. My hair above that.
The curls were popping.
Next time I do this prepoo I will make sure to take some pictures and include it. I have none of that day only videos during. But you can see the level of moisture my hair has. I’m in love,
Thank you for reading this post.
Question : What is your favourite oil for your hair & why?